Friday, September 7, 2012

my Amazing CAMPing experience!

If you guys think I actually went camping - dirt, hiking boots, tents and all - then you are sadly mistaken.

When I say camping, I mean ACamp. The ACamp (a.k.a. Assimilation Camp) of AIESEC is a way for the new members to get to know the different departments of the organization, meet the executive board of their Local Committee and of course, to meet our fellow members. I have to say that this experience has changed my perspective on student organizations forever. I'm a very active student and I love all my orgs but I can honestly say that I'm willing to quit everything to focus on AIESEC (don't worry other orgs.. I'm not going to quit...... yet.)

AIESEC UST was established a year ago, under Ralph Sales. In only its second year, AIESEC is slowly gaining the reputation of being great organization in the University of Santo Tomas.

UST ACamp 2012 was held last August 26-27, 2012 at AltaRoca Mountain Resort and Convention Center in Antipolo.

We were greeted by our energetic dancing facilitators. (If you're not a morning person, like me, this can become quite overwhelming. haha)

For the rest of the day, we were all given a group as each Local Committee Vice President discussed how their respective department works with each of them conducting a unique simulation.

Peter Gyorfi (National Vice President for Talent Management and Local Committee Development)
 facilitating one of the groups 
Nathan Quiambao (LCVP Finance) helps a group with the
Talent Management simulation
Guam Partosa (LCVP External Relations)
My awesome group: Mervin and The Girls, with our Facilitators, Bea and Jill

After every break, we were called back into the plenary hall by... yes... more dancing.. 
At some point, every time we hear a song playing, we all go running into the hall and start to dance. (I have to comment that, now, every time I hear Starships by Nicki Minaj, I find myself with an urge to dance.)

Joyce Domingo, UST's LCP, telling us about her own AIESEC experience
Our very wacky facilitators 
Some members of the AIESEC UST Executive Board with Michael Fua,
National Vice President for Communications
Joyce Domingo, UST's very pretty Local Committee President
Our two fun masters, Chino and Jill!
Michael Fua, Peter Gyorfi and Chino Araullo from AIESEC in the Philippines 

In AIESEC, I've found like-minded people who share the same vision as I do, to create a positive change in the world, it may sound a bit idealistic, but it's very true. The only regret I have regarding AIESEC was not joining sooner.


I love how after just two days spent together, we've made new friends, met people who changed our lives, and people who have inspired and believe in us. In the two weeks I've been a member, I can honestly say that I have fallen in love with this organization and the people who work to make it what it is.


CA Students!
Patrick Uy, Rae Garcia, Me, Stephen Velez, Sharie Nepomuceno and JM Borja

I am a VERY proud AIESECer.

Follow AIESEC UST and AIESEC Philippines on twitter!
Like AIESEC Philippines on facebook.

*Some photos taken from AIESEC UST facebook page

No comments:

Post a Comment